
Last night, my mother was reading the Richmond Times Dispatch (our paper here in Richmond, VA). As she was reading in the Metro section of the paper, she came across this article about a pre-civil war farm house that is being turned into a haven for women that are victims of abuse, drug and alcohol addiction and divorce. As she read more into the article, she found out that the house use to be my great grandmother Easter's. After my great grandmother passed away at the rightfull age of 94, the family donated the house and the land to a christian-based group. The group is now remodeling the house and will be taking families this coming summer. I have such great memories from that house. When I was younger and we would come out to visit, whenever we visited with her and my great grandfather Monroe, she always wanted to bake us something just to have some company. I know that grandma Easter would be grateful that her house will be used to help others. That is how she treated others. To love and serve others with what you had or could lend a hand with. I am blessed to have had such a wonderful example like my great grandmother Edna Easter.
2 comments:
That's so neat! And congrats on the new job!
I think this is so cool. Glad you had a good first day.
Post a Comment