Monday, February 23, 2009

My first day on the job at Capital One...

I never thought that my first day at my new job would be so much work, yet so rewarding. As you know, I have been without employment since October of 2008. Well, I ended up applying for a job with Capital One in early December. They called me in the middle of December and did a phone interview with me. Well, I did not hear from them for over a month till one evening in January of this year, I came home from a temp job that I was working for when my mother told me that there was a message for me on the phone and that I needed to listen to it. Well, I did and it was from Capital One informing me that they had good news about the position that I interviewed for back in December. The next day, I called the number that was on the message and talked with the person and they informed me that the position was still opened if I still wanted it. I told them "oh heck yes!" and was given the position. Well, today was my first day of training. So far, I like the job, especially the dress code. Basically, the dress code is Sunday casual. Which means that you can wear casual clothes. I am gonna love wearing jeans and flip flops to work everyday.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Congratulations on the new job! That is exciting. I hope you will like it. Have a job is certainly a good thing in this day and time. Good luck!