Today, I had the chance to drive BMW's to rasie money for cancer research. This event is called the "Ultimate Drive for a cure..." What this fundraiser does is every person that drives a BMW on a designated course (12 miles). And for every mile that people drive on this course, BMW donates $1.00 towards the Susan G. Komen foundation for breast cancer research. Both of my grndmothers died from breast cancer, so this is something that hits close to home. So, I recruited my friend Shanna and we drove and rode in 4 different BMW models and together between the two of us, we raised $48.00 for cancer research. After driving these magnificent vehicles, we autographed a 2008 X6. We had an awesome time.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
How fun! If it were me, it would be hard to leave those beautiful cars. I'm sure you had a great time... and, what a great cause! Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you guys had a great weekend. Oh and while Toni is there, you should have her help your mom and Jer set up a blog. Then we can see what the WHOLE family is doing these days! :)
Good for you! That is a great cause! It is good to see you have joined the blogging world.
Mel.......I am so happy that you are blogging now, I just love to log on and see what everyone is doing. You look so great, and your hair has grown so long, I just love it!!!!!
Hey, how about driving one of those cars "out west"? Don't think your boss would go for it, but sure looks like you girls had a real blast raising cash!!!!
Hey, I loved Sarah Palin too and I think everyone, especially the critics in the press smeared her in a big way!!! The country is sure in a big mess right now!! Hope Obama can pull it out.
Hi to everyone!!!!!
Great Blog, Melissa! Glad to catch up this way.
Post a Comment